This workshop has been CANCELED.
You’ve seen his work in dozens of national and international magazines, newspapers, products, books, films, and on TV… now spend a weekend learning the art of caricature from one of the best in the business, side by side and IN PERSON!
Longtime caricaturist, humorous illustrator, and longtime principal member of MAD Magazine’s “Usual Gang of Idiots”, Tom Richmond teaches his approach, process, and trade secrets of the art of caricature in an intense, two day caricature workshop in locations all over the world. Limited to a small group of students, you’ll get plenty of personal, one-on-one critique and instruction from Tom throughout the course of the workshop as well as full class exercises, lectures and tons and tons of drawing. More information here!
Each workshop will feature:
- Presentation/lecture on caricature theory
- Class demos/instruction of Tom’s inking, digital color, and live caricature techniques
- Class drawing activities/exercises
- One on one instruction with Tom
- Personal critique of student portfolios
- After class social time
Each workshop also includes:
- A digital copy of The Mad Art of Caricature downloadable immediately after reserving a space in any workshop
- A signed physical copy of The Mad Art of Caricature OR one of Tom’s Sketch o’the Week books
- Signed print of the workshop caricature illustration by Tom including all class participants (see example above)
- An EXCLUSIVE 11×14 print only available to workshop attendees
- Signed copy of one of Tom’s MAD cover prints
- Your “live” style caricature drawn by Tom
- Random other goodies like exclusive mini-prints
This unique opportunity to work IN PERSON, side by side with, and learn from, one of the world’s best known caricature illustrators is not to be missed! Below is a list of our upcoming workshop locations and dates. Click on any to read the details of the event and place a deposit to reserve your spot today!